Benefits of HELM membership include:
- Affordability and value - In almost every case, HELM membership will cost less than existing network membership and provide greater benefits to academic libraries.
- Open-source ILS (Koha) that supports academic needs and can evolve to meet future needs
- Voice in priority-setting and resource use
- Expertise and support for ILS, related, and ancillary systems via FLO
- Professional Development, networking, and communities-of-practice for all library staff - FLO and HELM
- Ability to integrate other systems and resources
- More collaboration - Active interest in joining expressed by other MA state universities and community colleges